1 pound of dried black beans
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon avocado oil
4 6 ounce salmon fillets
Avocado yogurt (make ahead):
1 5.3 ounce plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup of cilantro
1 juice of a lime
1 jalapenos roasted ( seed and rib if you don’t like heat) and chopped
salt to taste
1.Soak the beans over night.
2.Put all ingredients in the crockpot with water covering the beans and set for 6 hours.
3.Let the beans cool, and add the cilantro.
4.Put the bean mixture in a food processor in batches with the liquid. Puree til smooth.
1.Combine the yogurt, jalapenos, avocado, cumin, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Put all in a food processor and puree smooth. Put in the fridge for an hour.
1. Preheat a pan on high heat.
2. Whisk together the honey, smoked paprika, cumin, and mustard in a bowl with salt.
Put a little oil on both sides and salt the salmon and place it skin side down in the pan.
3. Cook til brown about 4 minutes. Brush the glaze to the salmon and flip.
4. Cook til the glaze makes a crust about 2 minutes. You want the salmon to be medium well and pink in the center.
5. Place some black beans on a plate about 3/4 a cup spread out. Put the salmon in the middle of the bean mixture. Drizzle the Avocado yogurt on top and a squeeze of lime.