1 lb of chicken breast shredded or pulled ( left over rotisserie chicken is a great option).
1 can vegetarian re-fried beans
1 container plain Greek yogurt
18 corn tortillas
2 poblanos roasted, skin pulled, ribbed and seeded
1 medium avocado
1 bunch of cilantro
4 cloves of roasted garlic
1 bag of fresh spinach
1/2 white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced and halved
1 red peeper, thinly sliced
3 limes zested and juiced
6 oz of Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup of water
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. In a food processor add cilantro, garlic, water, roasted poblano, and the juice and zest of two limes. Process til blended. Add yogurt and avocado. Blend til smooth. Add salt or water as needed and give it a quick pulse. It should have a thin consistency but not watery.
3. In a medium sized skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the red pepper, squash and onion. Cook til
slightly charred and soft.
4.Add the last of the lime and zest, pinch of salt, and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted and cooked down, take off the heat.
5. Get a 9 by 11 baking dish.
6. First, place the sauce on the bottom of the pan just covering the bottom of it.
7. Then set 6 tortillas down, overlapping.
8. Add 1/2 of the beans, half the chicken and veggies on top. Add 1/3 of the grated cheese. Place a little bit of the sauce on top. Top with 6 corn tortillas.
10. Top the tortillas with all the sauce. It should be about half of it. Let it run into the sides of the dish. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 min or til bubbling. Uncover and add remaining cheese and put on broil for 5 minutes.
11.Let it rest 10 min!
Note: You can omit the chicken to make vegetarian! In the sauce you can omit the yogurt and make our homemade tomatillo salsa!