- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 3 cloves of garlic, zested
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 1 ounce Parmesan, grated
- 16 ounces of spinach
- 1 bunch of basil, leaves removed
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the basil leaves, spinach, garlic, lemon juice and zest, Parmesan, and walnuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a several times. You may need to add spinach in two batches. Just pulse the ingredients. It will give you room to add more spinach.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Then add about a tablespoon or more of water. Want it to be combined but not watery. Pulse a ounce of goat cheese and salt to taste.
- Put a large skillet to medium high heat. Add the tomatoes to a dry skillet.
- When the tomatoes start to slightly blister, carefully smash them down with a fork. Add a little bit of water to deglazed the man and immediately add the zucchini noodles. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add the pesto sauce and take off the heat.
- Plate and sprinkle some goat cheese on top! Enjoy!
Note: You can add shrimp or leftover roasted chicken to this dish to make it a complete meal.